Last Updated: January 29, 2019
You must be at least 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority under the Applicable Law of the place where you reside or, if you are not, you must obtain parental or guardian consent to access and/or use the App. By accessing and/or using the App, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority under the Applicable Law of the place where you reside or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement. If you are not of legal age to enter into this Agreement or have not obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement, then you may not access and/or use the App and/or any part thereof.
Please read through this Agreement carefully. FoxNext reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time in its sole and absolute discretion and, to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law, each such modification will be effective upon posting. For this reason, please also ensure that the App remains updated. All material modifications will apply prospectively only. Your continued use of the App or the FoxNext Services following any modification of this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the Agreement as modified. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement and to abide by all Applicable Law, you must discontinue use of the FoxNext Services immediately. Please note that FoxNext does not undertake to archive previous versions of this Agreement. Instead, we recommend you print and save a copy of each and every version of this Agreement.
Your access to and use of certain FoxNext Services may require you to accept additional terms and conditions applicable to such FoxNext Services, in addition to this Agreement, and may require you to download software or Content (as defined below). In the event of a conflict between any such additional terms and this Agreement, such additional terms will prevail.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” SECTION BELOW (THE “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT”) CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT REQUIRE (i) WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND FOXNEXT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO BE RESOLVED IN BINDING ARBITRATION, AND NOT IN COURT, AND (ii) YOU AND FOXNEXT WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DISPUTES. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. BY USING THIS APP AND ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Registration and Security
You take full responsibility for your participation on the App. As a condition of using certain features of the App, you may be required to register on the App and/or select a username and password. To register, you must be at least 18 years old, or at least 13 years old and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission. You represent and warrant that any information you provide in connection with your access to and use of the App is true, accurate and complete, and that you will maintain and update such information as needed, such that the information remains true, accurate and complete. Your failure to do so will constitute a breach of the Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not use a username that is (i) a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) a name subject to any rights of another person without appropriate authorization; (iii) already being used by another person; or (iv) is offensive. FoxNext reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, a username, in its sole discretion. It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes in such information, including but not limited to your contact information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for all use of your account. It is therefore critical that you do not share your password with anyone. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of any other person at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account. You agree not to create an account by automated means or false pretenses or use any other end user’s account for any purposes, including to circumvent a suspension or ban. You may not sell, transfer, or allow others to access and/or use your account. You agree to notify FoxNext immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of, or access to, your account or password. FoxNext reserves the right to change a username, in its sole discretion. It is important that you remember your username and password, and that you provide answers to security questions for your account. If you forget your username or password and have not provided us with any answers to security questions, you may not be able to access and use your account.
For security reasons, please do not use your real name as your username, password, or forum handle. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE APP, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The App is intended solely for your personal and non-commercial use. FoxNext may, at any time, modify, suspend and/or discontinue the App (or any feature thereof); charge, modify or waive fees required to use the App; or offer opportunities to some or all end users of the App. FoxNext may also impose limits on certain features and services offered in connection with the App or restrict your access to parts or all of the App without notice or liability. You acknowledge that from time to time the App may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (i) equipment malfunctions; (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which FoxNext may undertake from time to time; or (iii) causes beyond the control of FoxNext or which are not reasonably foreseeable by FoxNext.
Unless terminated by FoxNext in its sole discretion, this Agreement remains in full force and effect while you use the FoxNext Services. You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, without prior notice or explanation, by sending an email to email@example.com. Deleting the app will not terminate the account. FoxNext reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to suspend and/or terminate your account and/or access to the FoxNext Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and shall have no liability to you for such termination. In the event that your account has been suspended, FoxNext may request that you provide further verification of your identity, for example, by responding to an email or a text message, before your account may be reactivated. Even after your end user account or access to the FoxNext Services is terminated by you or by FoxNext, this Agreement will remain in effect with respect to your past and future use of the App or the FoxNext Services. Any rights to your account terminate upon your death.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not directed to children under the age of 13. FoxNext does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 via the App.
You acknowledge that FoxNext reserves the right to charge fees for any portion of the FoxNext Services. FoxNext will provide you with advance notice of any such fees, including any change in the amount of such fees. Your continued access and/or use of the FoxNext Services after such a notification will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the changes notified. If you disagree with the fees or any change in the amount of the fees, you may terminate the Agreement by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If FoxNext suspends or terminates your account and/or access to the FoxNext Services because you have breached the Agreement or violated Applicable Law, you will not be entitled to a refund of any unused portion of such fees or other payments.
Purchasing App Services or Products
FoxNext makes no warranty, and to the fullest extent provided by Applicable Law, accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever, relating to or in connection with your placement of an order for an App Product with the Processor. FoxNext provides no refunds for, makes no warranty for, and to the fullest extent provided by Applicable Law, accepts no liability regarding purchases you make within an App. You are solely responsible for any and all transactions utilizing your Personal Financial Information, including, but not limited to, any and all charges. Accordingly, you agree that FoxNext is not obligated to grant any request for a chargeback and you further acknowledge and agree that FoxNext may suspend and/or terminate your account and/or access to and/or use of the FoxNext Services if you make any such request. To the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law, you acknowledge and agree that in the event Processor experiences a data breach that affects your Personal Financial Information, FoxNext will in no way be responsible or liable to you for any such breach.
FoxNext will not store any record of Personal Financial Information related to purchases or other transactions you make through the FoxNext Services. You should therefore maintain records of all your transactions. If you have any questions regarding your transactions or believe that there is an error or unauthorized transaction or activity associated with transactions utilizing your Personal Financial Information, you must contact the Processor.
The purchase or redemption of App Products may be subject to sales tax in the United Sates. The purchase or redemption of App Products may be subject to VAT or GST in countries outside the United States. All sales and redemptions of App Products are final.
Virtual Currency and Virtual App Products
You acknowledge that the FoxNext Services may include a component of
fictional credits or currency, such as tickets, diamonds or similar items
(collectively, "Virtual Currency"). Virtual Currency can be purchased in
the App and may be awarded to end users for free in connection with certain
in-App promotional offerings. Additionally, you may be given the
opportunity to acquire Game Cards which may be used to redeem Virtual
Currency. The Virtual Currency may be used exclusively within the App to
gain access to--and certain limited rights to use--virtual items for use
exclusively in connection with the App ("Virtual App Products"). Regardless
of the terminology used, Virtual Currency represents a limited license
right governed solely under this Agreement, and is not redeemable for any
sum of money or monetary value from FoxNext or any other person or entity
at any time. Virtual Currency provided by FoxNext includes only a limited
license right to use such Virtual Currency in connection with the Virtual
App Products. Selling or otherwise transferring Virtual Currency in
exchange for real world money or monetary value is not allowed. Other than
a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable
license to use Virtual Currency in connection with FoxNext Services,
including in or for any games, applications or other services provided or
offered on or through the App, you agree that you have no right, title or
ownership in or to any such Virtual Currency. Each type of Virtual Currency
is separate and cannot be converted into another Virtual Currency. YOU
ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL APP PRODUCTS ARE
NOT LEGAL TENDER AND HAVE NO CASH VALUE AND THAT NEITHER FOXNEXT NOR ANY
OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY HAS ANY OBLIGATION TO EXCHANGE YOUR VIRTUAL CURRENCY
OR VIRTUAL ITEMS FOR ANYTHING OF VALUE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REAL
CURRENCY, AND THAT, IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED, SUSPENDED OR OTHERWISE
MODIFIED FOR ANY OR NO REASON OR IF YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS THE FOXNEXT
SERVICES IS TERMINATED FOR ANY OR NO REASON, THE VIRTUAL CURRENCY, VIRTUAL
APP PRODUCTS AND YOUR ACCOUNT SHALL HAVE NO VALUE.
FoxNext reserves the right to charge fees for the right to access or use Virtual Currency or Virtual App Products, as described in the “Purchasing App Services or Products” section above, and/or may distribute Virtual Currency or Virtual App Products without charge, in its sole discretion. For example, FoxNext, as part of a sweepstakes or promotion, may provide individuals with a certain amount of Virtual Currency or a certain Virtual App Product. Virtual Currency and Virtual App Products will not expire and will not incur fees for non-use unless specifically disclosed at the time of purchase. FoxNext reserves the right to terminate your access to the Virtual Currency in your account if FoxNext determines, after investigation, that you have used the Virtual Currency in connection with any fraudulent or illegal activity.
The FoxNext Services may include a variety of virtual items (“Virtual Items”), which are digital objects such as energy, heroes, buildings, items resources, etc. that end users can acquire and use in the App. Please note that Virtual Items are not chattel and you do not acquire any ownership rights in the Virtual Items. When you purchase or otherwise acquire any Virtual Item in the App, FoxNext is providing you a limited license to use the Virtual Item in the App for personal, non-commercial purposes. FoxNext may sell Virtual Items in the App. Virtual Items may be exchanged for Virtual Currency at FoxNext’s sole and absolute discretion. Please note that not all Virtual Items are available for purchase. Some Virtual Items can be acquired only through gameplay (e.g., by completing quests, spending certain points or in-game currency, etc.), or through certain promotions FoxNext offers. FoxNext reserves the right to add, modify, remove, suspend and reintroduce Virtual Items in the App, and to change the prices and/or difficulty of obtaining Virtual Items, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Such changes may impact the effectiveness, functionality, and/or commonalty of the Virtual Items. As a result, the value and desirability of a Virtual Item may significantly increase or diminish over time. By purchasing a Virtual Item license you assume the risk of any such changes and agree never to assert any claim against FoxNext based on the actual or perceived value, or change in value, of a Virtual Item. Some Virtual Items may be tradable to other end users as part of the App. However, selling or otherwise transferring Virtual Items in exchange for real world money or monetary value is not allowed. Virtual Items acquired through the in-game marketplace are nonrefundable, have no cash value and are not redeemable and/or refundable for any sum of money or monetary value from FoxNext.
Limited Content License
The FoxNext Services are offered for your personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes. The FoxNext Services contain information, text, files, images, videos, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, software, applications, product names, company names, trade names, logos, designs, and any other materials or content (collectively, “Content”) owned by FoxNext, its licensors, or assignors (“FoxNext Content”), as well as Content provided by end users or other third parties. Content contained in the FoxNext Services is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other Applicable Laws and, as between you and FoxNext, FoxNext, its licensors, or its assignors, own and retain all rights in the FoxNext Content. FoxNext hereby grants you a limited, personal, revocable, non-sublicensable, non-transferrable, non-exclusive license to access and display or perform the FoxNext Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal, non-commercial use in connection with using the FoxNext Services. Except as provided in this Agreement or as explicitly allowed on the FoxNext Services, you may not copy, download, stream, capture, reproduce, duplicate, decompile, reverse engineer, archive, upload, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, retransmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, frame or deep-link, make available, or otherwise use any Content contained in the FoxNext Services. Except as provided in this Agreement or as explicitly allowed on the FoxNext Services, you may not use FoxNext’s trade names, trademarks or service marks.
Except as explicitly and expressly permitted by FoxNext or by the limited license set forth above, you are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials (including but not limited to fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards, montages, mash-ups and similar videos, greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise) that derive from or are based on the FoxNext Content. This prohibition applies regardless of whether such derivative works or materials are sold, bartered or given away. Also, you may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means, remove, alter, bypass, avoid, obscure, interfere with, or circumvent, in whole or in part, any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notice, legend, symbol, or label marked on the Content contained in the FoxNext Services or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection, copy control or access control measure associated with the Content contained in the FoxNext Services, including geo-filtering mechanisms. To the maximum extent permitted by Applicable Law, and except as necessary in order to make reference to FoxNext, its products and services in a purely descriptive capacity, you are expressly prohibited from using any FoxNext Content in any manner.
You may not, without FoxNext’s written permission, “mirror” any Content contained on the App or any other server. You may not use the App for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the Agreement. You may not use the App in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the App, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the App. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the App through hacking, password mining or any other means. FoxNext reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the App, or any portion thereof, at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all, without prior notice or any notice. All rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved to FoxNext and FoxNext’s licensors.
Restrictions on Use of FoxNext Services
You are solely responsible for any violation of any Applicable Law that results from your failure to abide by this Agreement. You hereby agree not to (and not to assist others to) use the FoxNext Services in any manner that, in FoxNext’s sole discretion, is unlawful or could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the FoxNext Services or interfere with FoxNext’s or any others’ use and enjoyment of the Services. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, prohibited conduct includes the following, subject to Applicable Law:
- Post, link to, upload or otherwise transmit or link to content that is: unlawful; threatening; abusive; obscene; vulgar; sexually explicit; pornographic or inclusive of nudity; offensive; excessively violent; invasive of another’s privacy, publicity, contract or other rights; tortious; false or misleading; defamatory; libelous; hateful; or discriminatory;
- Post, link to, or transmit anything that violate the rights of others including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights;
- Harass or harm another person;
- Exploit or endanger a minor;
- Impede or disrupt FoxNext Services or the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue in the App or otherwise use any detrimental methods to disrupt other end users or FoxNext employees;
- Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized gameplay;
- Use or exploit any bugs, errors or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to FoxNext Services, to gain an unfair advantage over other players or for any other purpose;
- Use multiple accounts, manual procedures, bots, scripts or other processes in order to accumulate or “farm” Virtual Items;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate any person or entity, or impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with FoxNext, its affiliates, service providers, licensors and/or any other person, company and/or group;
- Introduce or engage in activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising the App or the FoxNext Services;
- Interfere with, damage, disable, disrupt, impair, create an undue burden on, or gain unauthorized access to the FoxNext Services, including FoxNext’s servers, networks or accounts;
- Cover, remove, disable, block or obscure advertisements or other portions of the FoxNext Services;
- Delete or revise any information provided by or pertaining to any other end user of the FoxNext Services;
- Use technology or any automated system such as scripts, spiders, offline readers or bots in order to collect or disseminate usernames, passwords, email addresses or other data from the FoxNext Services, or to circumvent or modify any security technology or software that is part of the FoxNext Services;
- Use technology or other means to access, index, frame, scrape, or link to the App (including the Content) that is not authorized by the App (including by removing disabling, bypassing, or circumventing any content protection or access control mechanisms intended to prevent the unauthorized download, stream capture, linking, framing, reproduction, access to, or distribution of FoxNext Content);
- Access the App (including the Content) through any automated means, including “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers” (other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of the App, and excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content);
- Attempt to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of FoxNext Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the FoxNext Services or the content therein;
- Use the FoxNext Services to advertise or promote third party services, in particular, competing services;
- Do anything that might interfere with or adversely affect FoxNext;
- Use the FoxNext Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all Applicable Law;
- Attempt, facilitate, induce, aid and abet, or encourage others to do any of the foregoing.
You acknowledge that FoxNext reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in FoxNext’s sole discretion, violates this Agreement, including but not limited to, terminating their end user account and/or reporting such conduct, or activity to law enforcement authorities.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that FoxNext may access, preserve or disclose information you provide to the App, including your account registration information, including when FoxNext has a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of FoxNext or of our parents, subsidiaries or affiliates (collectively, “FoxNext Affiliates”), or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of this Agreement or our other agreements); (ii) protect the safety, privacy, and security of end users of the FoxNext Services or members of the public including in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; (iv) comply with the Applicable Law or legal process; or (v) respond to requests from public and government authorities. If FoxNext sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or its otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or part of its business, FoxNext may assign this Agreement with you to the party(ies) involved in the transaction, including, without limitation, all of the rights and licenses to use information that you provide in connection with your use of the App and/or FoxNext Services. Your legal and contractual rights will not be affected by such assignment.
You understand and agree that when you use FoxNext Services, this can and may involve software functions designed to detect cheating or unauthorized and malicious programs. In this context, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store screenshots of game play, information relating to hardware capacity, modifications related to the App, signatures, profiles or names of known unauthorized or malicious third party programs, files or processes that enable or facilitate cheating, unfair advantage or hacking of the App and/or FoxNext Services. If unauthorized or malicious programs are detected, the App may also communicate to FoxNext the end user’s account and identifying information and information about the unauthorized or malicious program in use.
Removal of Material that Infringes Copyrights
FoxNext respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires that our end users do the same. FoxNext has a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers and account holders of FoxNext Services who are infringers. FoxNext also reserves the right to remove or disable access to any transmission of Content that infringes the intellectual property rights of any person under Applicable Law.
If you believe material on FoxNext Services infringes your copyright.
If you believe that any material residing on or linked to from FoxNext Services infringes your copyright, you must send FoxNext's designated Copyright Agent (identified below) a written notification of claimed infringement that contains substantially all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the FoxNext Services (such as the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the Applicable Law; (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notification is accurate and a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. FoxNext's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached at:
Subject line: Storyscape DMCA Notice
Address: 2121 Avenue of the Stars, 7th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Phone: +1 (310) 369-2005
Fax: +1 (310) 969-1311
If you posted material to FoxNext Service that was removed due to notice by a copyright owner.
If you posted material to FoxNext Services that FoxNext removed due to a notice of claimed infringement from a copyright owner, FoxNext will take reasonable steps promptly to notify you that the material has been removed or disabled. This notice may be by means of a general notice on the App or by written or electronic communication to such address(es) you have provided to FoxNext, if any. You may provide counter-notification in response to such notice in a written communication that includes substantially all of the following: (i) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled; (ii) a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; (iii) your name, address, telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which FoxNext may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification requesting the removal or disabling of access to the material or such person’s agent; and (iv) your physical or electronic signature.
Please note that, under 17 U.S.C. §512(f), any person who knowingly makes material misrepresentations in a notification of claimed infringement or any counter-notification may be liable for damages.
Third Party Links and Services
THE FOXNEXT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND FOXNEXT DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF OR CONTINUOUS AVAILABILITY OF THE FOXNEXT SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FOXNEXT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES IMPLIED FOR A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, FOXNEXT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF THE FOXNEXT SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS TO THE FOXNEXT SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE FOXNEXT SERVICES OR THE SERVERS ON WHICH THEY ARE AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOXNEXT SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THROUGH THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY OR COMPLETE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FOXNEXT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) RESULTING FROM USE OF THE FOXNEXT SERVICES, PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE FOXNEXT SERVICES, ATTENDANCE AT A FOXNEXT EVENT, ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOXNEXT SERVICES, ANY THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENT OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE TRANSMITTED ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOXNEXT SERVICES, OR THE CONDUCT OF ANY END USERS OF THE FOXNEXT SERVICES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS, THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND THE GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE FOXNEXT SERVICES, AND ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, MAY NOT BE SECURE AND MAY BE INTERCEPTED BY UNAUTHORIZED PARTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER PROPERTY OR RECOVERY OR RECONSTRUCTION OF LOST DATA NECESSITATED BY YOUR USE OF THE FOXNEXT SERVICES.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FOXNEXT AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (THE “FOXNEXT ENTITIES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE FOXNEXT SERVICES. NONE OF THE FOXNEXT ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA OR FOR ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED. NONE OF THE FOXNEXT ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY, OR ANY INFRINGEMENT BY A THIRD PARTY OF ANOTHER’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY OR OTHER RIGHTS. IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST ANY FOXNEXT ENTITY(IES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, THE DAMAGES TO WHICH YOU MAY BE ENTITLED SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00. YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAISNT ANY FOXNEXT ENTITY(IES) WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OR ACCESS OF THE APP ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CONSEQUENTLY, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE LOWEST AMOUNT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY DAMAGES YOU INCUR ARISING OUT OF FOXNEXT’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR YOUR USE OF THE APP OR THE FOXNEXT SERVICES ARE NOT IRREPARABLE AND ARE INSUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF RESTRICTING THE AVAILABILITY OF OR ANY PERSON’S ABILITY TO ACCESS ANY PORTION OF THE APP OR THE FOXNEXT SERVICES.
THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF FOXNEXT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
United States Jurisdiction
FoxNext provides the FoxNext Services in the United States of America. FoxNext does not represent that the FoxNext Content or the FoxNext Services are appropriate (or, in some cases, available) for use in other locations. If you use the App or the FoxNext Services from a jurisdiction other than the United States, you agree that you do so of your own initiative, and you are responsible for complying with local laws as applicable to your use of the App or the FoxNext Services.
Not all of the App Products are available worldwide or nationwide, and FoxNext makes no representation that you will be able to obtain any App Product in any particular jurisdiction, either within or outside of the United States.
U.S. Export Controls
Software available in connection with the FoxNext Services is further subject to United States export controls. No such software may be downloaded from the FoxNext Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using such software is at your sole risk.
(2) This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16, governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement.
(3) Any arbitration between you and FoxNext will be conducted by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”), pursuant to the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures effective July 1, 2014 (the “JAMS Rules”), as modified by this agreement to arbitrate. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator, and if you and FoxNext cannot agree on who that single arbitrator will be, the arbitrator will be appointed pursuant to the JAMS Rules, with the participation and involvement of FoxNext and you pursuant to JAMS Rule 12. The JAMS Rules are available on its website at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/ . The Consumer Arbitration Minimum Standards are available at http://www.jamsadr.com/consumer-arbitration/ . The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement.
(4) If either you or FoxNext wants to arbitrate a claim, you or FoxNext must first send by mail to the other a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving notice, the specific facts giving rise to the Dispute, the FoxNext Service to which the Notice relates, and the relief requested. Your Notice to FoxNext must be sent by mail to Arbitration Notice of Dispute, 2121 Avenue of the Stars, 7th Floor, Los Angeles, California, 90067. FoxNext will send any Notice to you at the contact information we have for you or that you provide. It is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient receives the Notice. During the first 45 days after you or we send a Notice to the other, you and we may try to reach a settlement of the Dispute.
If you and we do not resolve the Dispute within 45 days, either you or we may initiate arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Rules. Further instructions on submitting a Demand for Arbitration may be found at http://www.jamsadr.com/files/Uploads/Documents/JAMS_Arbitration_Demand.pdf . In addition to filing this Demand for Arbitration with JAMS in accordance with its rules and procedures, you must send a copy of this completed Demand for Arbitration to FoxNext at the address listed above to which you sent your Notice of Dispute.
(5) You and FoxNext acknowledge and agree to abide by the following rules for arbitration: (a) YOU AND FOXNEXT MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR MULTI-CLAIMANT PROCEEDING, AND THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE NO POWER TO AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF; (b) FoxNext will pay arbitration costs as required by the JAMS Consumer Arbitration Minimum Standards and consistent with paragraph 6 below; (c) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by Applicable Law; and (d) each side pays his, her or its own attorneys' fees, except as otherwise provided in paragraph 8 below.
(6) JAMS charges filing and other fees to conduct arbitrations. Ordinarily, the claimant has to pay the filing fee to initiate arbitration, but if you wish to commence an arbitration against FoxNext, you and FoxNext acknowledge and agree to abide by the following:
- If you are seeking to recover less than $10,000 (inclusive of attorneys’ fees), FoxNext will pay the filing fee on your behalf or reimburse your payment of it.
- If you are seeking to recover $10,000 or more, you will have to pay the filing fee charged by JAMS, but FoxNext will reimburse the filing fee if you prevail on all claims decided upon by the arbitrator.
- FoxNext and you agree that, if the claims to be arbitrated total less than $10,000 (inclusive of attorneys’ fees), the claim ordinarily should be decided on written submissions only, without a telephonic or in-person hearing. FoxNext will not request a hearing for any claims totaling less than $10,000. This provision shall not be construed by the arbitrator to deprive you of any rights you may have to a telephonic or in-person hearing in your hometown area pursuant to the JAMS Rules.
- FoxNext and you agree that, if the claims to be arbitrated total $10,000 or more, the arbitration will occur in a manner and place consistent with the JAMS Rules.
(7) Regardless of how the arbitration proceeds, each of you and FoxNext shall cooperate in good faith in the exchange of non-privileged documents and information as necessary in accordance with the JAMS Rules, and the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain his or her findings and conclusions.
(8) Each of you and FoxNext may incur attorneys’ fees during the arbitration. Each side agrees to pay his, her or its own attorneys' fees unless the claim(s) at issue permit the prevailing party to be paid its attorneys' fees, and in such instance, the fees awarded shall be determined by the Applicable Law(s). In addition to whatever rights you may have to recover your attorneys’ fees under Applicable Law, if you prevail in the arbitration, and if FoxNext failed to make a settlement offer to you before the arbitration or the amount you win is at least 25% greater than FoxNext’s highest settlement offer, then FoxNext will pay your reasonable attorneys’ fees in addition to the amount the arbitrator awarded. If FoxNext wins the arbitration, you will be responsible for your own attorneys’ fees. In addition, if the arbitrator, at the request of the winning party, finds that the losing party brought a claim or asserted a defense frivolously or for an improper purpose, then regardless of the amount in dispute, the arbitrator must order the losing party to pay both sides’ arbitration fees and may order the losing party to pay the winning party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, unless such an award of fees is prohibited by Applicable Law.
(9) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. The arbitrator may not order FoxNext to pay any monies to or take any actions with respect to persons other than you, unless FoxNext explicitly consents in advance, after an arbitrator is selected, to permit the arbitrator to enter such an order. Further, unless FoxNext expressly agrees, the arbitrator may not consolidate other persons’ claims with yours, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, multi-claimant or class proceeding.
(10) You and FoxNext agree to maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and shall not disclose the fact of the arbitration, any documents exchanged as part of any mediation, proceedings of the arbitration, the arbitrator’s decision and the existence or amount of any award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration (in which case anyone becoming privy to confidential information must undertake to preserve its confidentiality), or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a provisional remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by Applicable Law or court order.
(11) With the exception of subpart (a) in paragraph (5) (i.e., the waiver of the ability to proceed on behalf of multiple claimants or a purported class), if any part of this Arbitration Agreement is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, then the balance of this Arbitration Agreement shall remain in effect and be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provision were not contained. If, however, subpart (a) in paragraph (5) is found invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void, but the rest of this Agreement, including the provisions governing where actions against FoxNext must be pursued, the choice of governing law, and our mutual waiver of the right to a trial by jury, will remain in effect and apply to any claim that, for this or any other reason, proceeds in court rather than in arbitration.
To the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law, the Agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Except with respect to Disputes to be resolved through an arbitration process in accordance with the Arbitration Agreement and to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law, you and FoxNext agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in New York, New York to resolve any Dispute arising out of the Agreement or the FoxNext Services. YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE APP OR THE FOXNEXT SERVICES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. AFTER SUCH PERIOD, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to indemnify and hold the FoxNext Entities harmless from and against any and all loss, liability, claim, demand, or expense including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred in connection with or in any way relating to any claim arising out of any breach by you of this Agreement or arising out of or in connection with your misuse of the App or the FoxNext Services (including, without, limitation, any use of your account, whether or not authorized by you), your violation of any rights of another or any Content that you Transmit through the FoxNext Services. You also agree to release and discharge the FoxNext Entities from any and all existing and future claims you have or may have, known or unknown, relating in any way to your use or inability to use the App or any of the Fox Services.
FoxNext does not knowingly accept, via the FoxNext Services or otherwise, unsolicited submissions including, without limitation, submissions by you of blog ideas, articles, scripts, story lines, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, proposals, ideas or concepts. FoxNext requests that you do not make any unsolicited submissions. Any similarity between an unsolicited submission and any elements in any FoxNext or FoxNext Affiliate’s creative work including, without limitation, a film, series, story, title or concept would be purely coincidental. If you do send any submissions to FoxNext via the FoxNext Services that are unsolicited (including but not limited to any Forum), however, you agree that (i) your unsolicited submissions are not being made in confidence or trust and that by making such submissions no contractual or fiduciary relationship is created between you and FoxNext; (ii) any such unsolicited submissions and all intellectual property rights therein become the sole property of and will be solely owned by FoxNext and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed, published, displayed or deleted as FoxNext sees fit; (iii) you are not entitled to any compensation, credit or notice whatsoever in connection with such submissions; and (iv) by sending an unsolicited submission you waive the right to make any claim against FoxNext or FoxNext Affiliates relating to any unsolicited submissions by you, including, without limitation, unfair competition, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality.
The failure of FoxNext to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The Section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by Applicable Law. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, if any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement, together with all agreements and statements referred to herein and incorporated herein by reference, is the entire agreement between you and FoxNext relating to the subject matter hereof and, except as otherwise provided herein, supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and FoxNext relating to such subject matter.
You agree that any notices the FoxNext may be required by Applicable Law to send to you will be effective upon FoxNext’s sending an e-mail message to the e-mail address you have on file with FoxNext or publishing such notices on the informational page(s) of the App.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and FoxNext as a result of this Agreement or your use of the FoxNext Services. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice related to it shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Nothing contained in this Agreement limits FoxNext’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the FoxNext Services or information provided to or gathered by us in connection with such use.
Please contact us at: email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.